The first in a series of fact sheets about School-Wide Positive Behavior Support from Bazelon.org. Fact Sheet #1 explains the reasons behind implementing SWPBS, what PBS is, the three tiers approach and how it can work with mental health supports. To download the entire fact sheet please click on the link below the preview.
Tuesday, December 9, 2014
Monday, December 8, 2014
Please enjoy this video showing Positive Behavior supports in action at the West Virginia Autism Training Center, Huntington West Virginia. It documents 3 unique individuals with autism, as they pursue their goals in life using a PBS model of support.
Please check back in January for more information and application forms for an expedited endorsement process.
What are some of the benefits of a PBS Endorsement?
PBS endorsement provides benefits to consumers, practitioners, service providers, and service systems. PBS Endorsement:
- Recognizes individuals with extensive experience in Positive Behavior Support Practices
- Builds a pool of qualified mentors and provides mentoring opportunities from a PBS endorsed professional
- Enables consumers (individuals and family members) to discriminate between professionals who have advanced training/experience in positive behavior support and those who do not.
- PBS Endorsement can be obtained across fields in addition to other training and credentials
- Promotes best practices in Positive Behavior Support
- Provides consumers with the opportunity to select individuals with extensive knowledge to provide validated high quality services
- Builds capacities of skill professionals and strengthens quality service delivery across service systems.
- Develops a community of committed practitioners who share resources, ideas, support and enhance the quality of service provision.
- Promotes a focus on meaningful outcomes and quality of life improvements for individuals who receive services
- increases the fidelity of Positive Behavior Support services and supports in consistency in the quality of services by adhering to the APBS standards of practice.
- Provides organizations and agencies avenues for internal staff training and mentoring.