Please check back in January for more information and application forms for an expedited endorsement process.
What are some of the benefits of a PBS Endorsement?
PBS endorsement provides benefits to consumers, practitioners, service providers, and service systems. PBS Endorsement:
- Recognizes individuals with extensive experience in Positive Behavior Support Practices
- Builds a pool of qualified mentors and provides mentoring opportunities from a PBS endorsed professional
- Enables consumers (individuals and family members) to discriminate between professionals who have advanced training/experience in positive behavior support and those who do not.
- PBS Endorsement can be obtained across fields in addition to other training and credentials
- Promotes best practices in Positive Behavior Support
- Provides consumers with the opportunity to select individuals with extensive knowledge to provide validated high quality services
- Builds capacities of skill professionals and strengthens quality service delivery across service systems.
- Develops a community of committed practitioners who share resources, ideas, support and enhance the quality of service provision.
- Promotes a focus on meaningful outcomes and quality of life improvements for individuals who receive services
- increases the fidelity of Positive Behavior Support services and supports in consistency in the quality of services by adhering to the APBS standards of practice.
- Provides organizations and agencies avenues for internal staff training and mentoring.